TIGER WOODS STARTS TO LOSE SPONSORS
Golf legend Tiger Woods has lost his first major sponsor after his alleged affairs. Tiger announced on Friday he's taking an break from the sport to repair his marriage to his wife Elin. The former happy couple has had to deal with a huge media mess since he crashed his car outside his Florida home last month after a fight over his reported infidelity. Bosses at two of his big name sponsors, Gillette and U.S. telecoms giant AT&T, have already announced they are scaling down the use of Woods in their promotional campaigns, but management firm Accenture has become the first company to officially axe the athlete from their books. A statement released by the global management services company reads, "Given the circumstances of the last two weeks, after careful consideration and analysis, the company has determined that he is no longer the right representative for its advertising. Accenture said that it wishes only the best for Tiger Woods and his family." But Nike executives have vowed to stand by the sports star as he takes time to sort out his private life. A representative from the sports giant says, "Tiger has been part of Nike for more than a decade. He is the best golfer in the world and one of the greatest athletes of his era. We look forward to his return to golf. "He and his family have Nike's full support."
Comments