THE ESQUIRE INTERVIEW
Bradley Cooper is featured on the cover of the December issue of Esquire magazine on newsstands November 20th. In his interview, the “Silver Linings Playbook” star talks about his admiration for his dad, how he talked his way into Georgetown College (and cried when he learned he got in), and his costar Jennifer Lawrence.
· On getting paid fifteen million for acting: “It afforded me the ability to do the five movies I did between Hangover II and Hangover III. And you can solve people’s problems. To be able to say to someone, “You know what? I’m gonna buy your house for you. You don’t have to worry about the mortgage anymore.”
· On Jennifer Lawrence: “Her truth meter is severe. We would defer to her when we were trying to figure things out and she’d be like: BAM!”
Additionally, writer/director/actress Lena Dunham of the HBO series, Girls, is part of a well-curated list of Esquire’s 2012 list of Americans of the Year, including Bruce Springsteen and entrepreneur Elon Musk.
The interview with the 26 year old Emmy nominated-creator and star Dunham, is provocative and funny and includes such quotes as:
· On being criticized for her weight: “Sometimes I think, ‘Boys were mean to me in high school, so I can take whatever.‘ Of course that doesn’t mean you can handle five thousand commenters saying you’re fat, but it does prepare you for feeling like a weirdo.”
· On her experience at the Emmy’s: ‘Surreal. First thing, you don’t have any food or water for four hours, which to me is a really long time…By the end I could have eaten the cast of Revenge.”
· Dunham is a huge Louis CK fan – she once dressed as him for Halloween – and seeing him at the Emmy’s was a highlight: “ I met Louis C.K., who is just like my favorite TV human.”