HEALTH DEPARTMENT CLOSES NYC WAHLBURGERS
|Wahlburgers Closed By Health Department|
I have been wanting to try Wahlburgers for a while now and last night I was pretty shocked when I went to visit the Upper East Side location and a sign posted on the door said, "Closed By Order Of The Commissioner Of Health And Mental Hygiene". The restaurant is located at 1633 Second Avenue at the corner of 85th Street.
Look, we know they are "The New Kids On The Block" in New York City and they are nice guys, I've met them, but a prime location on the Upper East Side, surrounded by all the rich and famous should not only do great business, they should be clean and vermin free. We count on restaurants to do the right thing to make sure they are serving us safe food in a safe place. We really hope they will fix the problems soon and operate a safe operation with great food.Maybe then I will be able to taste one of their burgers.
|Wahlburgers Closed By Health Department Notice|
When looking up the health department report below, we were kind of disappointed.
Violations recorded in the following area (s), a Notice of Violation issued and establishment ordered closed by the Department of Health at the initial operational cycle inspection conducted on 10/16/2018.
"Critical" violations are displayed in red.
Violation points: 53
1) Hot food item that has been cooked and refrigerated is being held for service without first being reheated to 1 65º F or above within 2 hours.
2) Food Protection Certificate not held by supervisor of food operations.
3) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility's food and/or non-food areas.
4) Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
5) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.